Anita is an experienced Primary Computing consultant working with senior leadership teams and teachers to identify areas for improvement and provide relevant support and training on an individual and whole school basis.
Her preparation was exemplary, and her delivery was well paced, thoughtful and interesting. She really made staff feel confident and supported throughout the day. They all felt they had learned a lot and are very motivated to use the new tools. My staff aren’t easily impressed so this is praise indeed!”
Written by a Headteacher after the delivery of an inset day
Develop project work to:
- demonstrate connections between curriculum subjects and computing
- explore creative approaches to teaching and learning
- illustrate an enquiry led approach
- promote the use of Web 2.0 technologies such as wikis, blogs, and forums to encourage collaboration and sharing of information
Support individual primary schools through:
- Liaison with senior management teams to discuss the school vision for technology and the computing curriculum, guidance on the use of the self review framework and support in identifying key areas for development.
- Working with computing subject leaders to identify and address priorities and monitor the impact of the actions e.g. action planning reviews, pupil interviews
- Providing CPD for teachers and teaching assistants on a variety of computing skills including the use of multimedia resources such as recording devices (talking buttons, microphones, talking books), whiteboards, visualisers, learner response systems such as Activote, and the development and use of the Learning Platform
- Promoting the use of computing and technology for cross-curricular learning